South Natick Implant Dentistry
Many people experience tooth loss. Until recent years, dentures and bridges were the only solution for missing teeth but now, dental Implants offer a much more innovative and permanent solution.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants take the place of tooth roots and provide a sturdy base for fixed or removable prosthetics that are designed to look like your natural teeth. Patients who opt for dental implants benefit from their:
• Natural look and feel
• Reliability – the won’t slip out of place
• Tooth root base – they stimulate jaw bone like natural tooth roots, ensuring minimal bone resorption.
• A comfortable bite – they are placed so that patients can keep or enhance their bite.
Proper Implant Procedure Planning is Key
Implant dentist, Dr. Svetlana Novak is passionate about the benefits dental implants can provide. To ensure treatment success our first step in the implant procedure process is giving our South Natick dental implant patients a CAT 3D scan. This scan can measure patients bone density and also helps the dentist see the best way to surgically place the implant to result in the most comfortable occlusion (bite).
The Surgical Implant Placement
Today’s dentistry allows for dental implants to be placed through a surgical guide. After the CAT scan is taken, images are uploaded into software that maps out the implant placement guide for Dr. Novak to follow. The guide creates a precise plan and implants are placed in the most minimally invasive way possible. Patients often comment that the implant placement procedure “was no big deal”; contrary to what they had expected.
We Want our Patients Comfortable
Our dental staff understands that many people struggle with dental anxiety. This is why we put a huge focus on patient comfort. All of our patients are offered the following:
• Herbal neck wraps
• Sunglasses to prevent any light sensitivity
• Vitamin E on lips to prevent chapping
• Warm blankets and soft pillows
• Warm wash cloths after surgery
• Gently applied local anesthesia
• Anti-anxiety meds prescribed if recommended by your doctor
• A warm smile, a hand to hold, and a reason to laugh (not at your dental work but at something we say, we promise)
Implant Supported Dentures
Some patients prefer a combination of dentures and dental implants. This can be a more affordable approach to replace full arches as a full denture arch can often be secured by as little as four dental implants. Dentures are securely attached to dental implants creating a stable base for the denture. Dentures such as these do not slip out of place and patients are typically able to chew all of the foods they enjoyed before missing any teeth.
Want to Learn More about Dental Implants?
If you live or work in the South Natick area and are considering dental implants or have any questions about the process, please call us today to schedule a consultation.