Cosmetic dentistry involves the art of restoring teeth to their optimal state while maintaining the delicate balance between beauty and function. Dr. Novak proudly offers a wide range of dental solutions that are designed to help you achieve a healthy, attractive smile you can be proud to share.
If you are seeking cosmetic treatment to improve the health and appearance of your smile, please contact South Natick Dental today online or at 508-655-8020 to schedule a free cosmetic dental consultation. We happily serve patients from throughout Massachusetts, including Natick, Wellesley and Dover.
Below, we discuss a variety of cosmetic dentistry topics, including:
- Common Cosmetic Dentistry Problems
- Porcelain and Zirconium Crowns
- Advantages of Porcelain Crowns
- Whiter, Brighter Teeth
- Dental Bonding
- Gum Lift and Contouring
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Fixing Crooked Teeth
- Smile Makeover
- Choosing the Right Cosmetic Dentist Matters
- Schedule Your Free Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation Today
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Problems
Cosmetic dentistry merges science and artistry to enhance the appearance and functionality of your smile. Even minor cosmetic dentistry procedures can make a dramatic improvement in the way you look and feel about yourself.
If you are ready to make a positive change in the appearance of your smile, our cosmetic dentist can address an array of common dental issues, such as:
- Teeth that are crowded or gapped
- Teeth that are misshapen, worn or dull
- Gummy smiles
- Broken, chipped or cracked teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Missing teeth
- Crooked teeth
Just like our patients, every smile is different. During your initial consultation, Dr. Novak will conduct a thorough examination and carefully explain all of your treatment options. Together, you will develop a treatment plan that fits your goals and budget.
Porcelain and Zirconium Crowns
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over a tooth to restore its strength, appearance, size and shape. Crowns are used for a variety of cosmetic dentistry purposes, such as:
- Protecting a tooth with a large filling
- Restoring a damaged or broken tooth
- Protecting a weak tooth from further damage
Dental crowns can also be used as a restoration with dental implants or bridges. A dental implant is placed directly into your jaw bone and topped with a dental crown, helping the completed restoration to look and feel just like a real tooth. Dental bridges are options for replacing multiple missing teeth. In order to establish stability for the bridge, dental crowns are placed on either side of it.
Dental crowns are an ideal treatment to provide restorative benefit to your tooth while also serving a cosmetic benefit for your smile.
At South Natick Dental, we proudly offer a variety of types of dental crown options to help meet any budget or lifestyle. These options include:
- All-porcelain crowns
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns
- Gold crowns
If you have a damaged tooth, delaying treatment will only make the problem worse, and possibly more expensive to fix. Your damaged tooth will eventually be too compromised to function properly and a more invasive and costly procedure may become necessary.
"Can't say enough good things about the office: highly attentive and skillful Dr. Novak who will come on her day off if needed, very professional hygienist and pleasant and helpful staff." - Inga, Patient
Advantages of Porcelain Crowns
The stunning, life-like beauty of a porcelain crown is one of its most significant benefits. Unlike other dental crown options, porcelain crowns can be customized to match the natural color of your existing teeth. When determining which type of crown is best for you, consider the following benefits of choosing porcelain:
- Attractive appearance: In addition to individual teeth, porcelain crowns can improve the appearance of your entire face. Without the distraction of unsightly, damaged teeth, the beauty of your whole smile can shine through.
- Customization: Forget about “one-size-fits-all”. A porcelain crown can be customized to precisely match the color and shape of your natural tooth.
- Support: You won’t compromise strength when choosing porcelain. Just like any crown, a porcelain crown will fortify and support a tooth that is weak or damaged by trauma or decay. If one of your teeth is chipped or cracked, a porcelain crown will hold it together.
Whiter, Brighter Teeth
A bright, sparkling smile can help you feel more confident in any situation. At South Natick Dental, we proudly offer comprehensive teeth whitening options to help you get the dazzling smile you deserve. We want to ensure your teeth whitening is convenient to your schedule and lifestyle, so we offer both in-office and at-home teeth whitening options.
When performed under the guidance of a cosmetic dentist, teeth whitening is more effective and safer than over-the-counter options found at your local grocery store.
A less expensive alternative to comprehensive treatments such as porcelain veneers, dental bonding can effectively augment, reshape or rebuild certain areas of your teeth. With dental bonding, Dr. Novak can treat a variety of aesthetic dental issues, such as:
- Chipped teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Minor problems with irregular tooth shape
- Temporary restorations while crowns or veneers are being crafted
The bonding procedure is quick and easy. In just a single visit, Dr. Novak can place the material on your tooth and shape it to look beautiful and natural. With proper care, your results can last for years.
Gum Lift and Contouring
Ideally, a person’s gums should frame his or her teeth perfectly. If your gums are not even, or if you have an excessive amount of gum tissue, your smile may have an imbalanced appearance or your teeth may appear small or short. Dr. Novak uses advanced laser technology to improve the appearance of gummy smiles and give your gums a natural, attractive appearance.
The procedure is effective, comfortable and completely safe. Dr. Novak can help you achieve an even, consistent gum line in just one appointment.
We also offer BOTOX® Therapeutic to treat clenching, migraines and TMJ.
Fillings are frequently placed to restore the function of teeth affected by tooth decay. While fillings were usually only silver (amalgam) or gold in the past, patients now have the option to get tooth-colored fillings. You can finally enjoy healthy, functional teeth without exposing metal fillings every time you smile.
Tooth-colored fillings are designed to mimic the way your tooth naturally looks and feels. They are made of porcelain and composite resins.
Why are more people choosing tooth-colored fillings? Because they:
- Mimic the shape and translucency of your dentin and enamel
- Bond directly to your tooth
- Are matched to your surrounding teeth
- Are comfortable for your tooth and your bite
- Have been proven to be safe and effective through clinical research and scientific studies
- Stabilize and strengthen your decaying tooth
- Are a conservative solution and don’t require the removal of healthy tooth
Fixing Crooked Teeth
Crooked teeth can cause embarrassment and even lead to tooth decay. If you suffer from crooked teeth or a misaligned bite, Dr. Novak offers orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign® to help you achieve the smile you deserve.
More than just a single procedure, a smile makeover combines a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve the appearance of your smile. Just like you, your smile is unique, and your smile makeover will be customized just for you.
Depending on your individual goals and oral structure, your smile makeover may include treatments to address teeth that are:
- Discolored or stained
- Severely worn
- Unevenly spaced
Ideal candidates for smile makeovers typically have multiple cosmetic issues that detract from their smiles. If you are considering this comprehensive treatment, you must be free of gum disease and other issues that can prevent various procedures from being effective.
If significant oral health conditions are affecting your smile, Dr. Novak may recommend treatments to address certain issues before continuing with your smile makeover.
We understand how important it is to your self-confidence and overall happiness to have a healthy, beautiful smile. Dr. Novak will work closely with you to customize a treatment plan that addresses all of your unique needs and goals.
Choosing the Right Cosmetic Dentist Matters
Cosmetic dentistry can change your smile, but more importantly, it can change the way you see yourself and interact with others. When choosing a dentist to work on something as important as your smile, it’s important to choose the right one. Here are some tips to help you find a cosmetic dentist that is right for you:
- Check reviews: See how other people feel about their experience. We are proud of our consistent record of patient satisfaction and the long-lasting relationships we have developed with our patients.
- Review before and after photos: Don’t just take a dentist’s word for providing great results; observe their before and after photos to see the quality of their results for yourself. We invite you to visit our before-and-after gallery to see examples of Dr. Novak’s beautiful, natural-looking results.
- Take time during your consultation: The initial consultation is your opportunity to learn about your dentist. Don’t rush it. Take time to ask questions and learn about treatment options. Dr. Novak believes that the best results never come from a cookie-cutter approach. She will spend time to get to know you and your unique goals. She will thoroughly assess your oral condition and explain all of your treatment options.
- Make sure you’re comfortable: The best doctor-patient relationships are honest and long-lasting. It’s important to trust your dentist and feel comfortable with your experience. Dr. Novak and the entire staff at South Natick Dental are honored to work with you and we take pride in developing trusting, long-lasting relationships with our patients.
"Dr. Novak and each member of her staff always go above and beyond expectations to make our family’s experience at South Natick Dental a positive one. There is no judgment here, just caring and knowledgeable professionals ready to meet patients’ needs with leading technology." - Anne, Patient
Schedule Your Free Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation Today
You deserve a smile you can be proud of. To learn more about the cosmetic dental procedures offered at South Natick Dental, please call 508-655-8020 today to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Novak. We proudly serve Natick, Wellesley, Dover and neighboring communities throughout Massachusetts.