You don’t have to be a Hollywood star to have the perfect, stunning smile of your dreams. Porcelain veneers are one of the most effective ways to improve your smile by correcting several aesthetic issues with just a single solution. During your consultation with experienced dentist Dr. Svetlana Novak, you can learn if porcelain veneers are appropriate for your situation and what other corrective options can help you accomplish your goals.
Veneers can give you a glamorous, attractive smile that few other treatments can. To schedule your free initial consultation, please contact South Natick Dental online or at 508-655-8020. We proudly help men and from Natick, Wellesley, Dover and Sherborn, Massachusetts, and other nearby areas.
On this page, you will find a wealth of valuable information about porcelain veneers, including:
- What Are Porcelain Veneers?
- Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
- Is there Pain Involved During Dental Veneers Placement?
- Veneers Customized Just for You
- Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
- Which Is Better for Straightening Teeth: Braces or Dental Veneers?
- Am I a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
- How Much Do Veneers Cost?
- Schedule Your Free Dental Veneers Consultation Today
Porcelain veneers, also known as dental veneers, are thin, translucent ceramic shells that are affixed to the front of your teeth to conceal a variety of common cosmetic dental problems, such as:
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Worn teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
The dental porcelain used to make veneers is incredibly strong and resistant to staining, breaking and cracking. The placement process is minimally invasive and completely pain-free.
At South Natick Dental, we offer Aurum veneers and other options.
There are a number of reasons why porcelain veneers are ideal solutions for improving the appearance of your smile. Not only do veneers provide a beautiful cosmetic outcome, they also offer a multitude of other amazing benefits, including:
- Easy to care for by engaging in a good oral hygiene routine such as regular brushing and flossing
- Improves confidence in your smile
- Truly customized procedure that will address your unique needs and goals
- Delivers durable, long-lasting results
- Addresses multiple cosmetic issues with one treatment
- Restores strength and functionality to your teeth
- Resistant to staining
- Minimally invasive procedure that can be completed in just two office visits
Dr. Novak can ensure that your veneers blend seamlessly with your smile by meticulously matching the color of your veneers to the natural shade of your teeth. Not only that, the dental porcelain used for veneers mimics the translucent properties of natural tooth enamel, which is essential to delivering beautiful, natural-looking results.
Typically, the process for placing your new dental veneers involves the following steps:
- Dr. Novak will prepare your teeth for the procedure by removing a very thin layer of enamel.
- An impression will then be made of your teeth and your veneers will be crafted to fit your current oral structure and achieve your individual goals.
- While your custom-crafted, permanent veneers are being made at our lab, we will provide you with a fully functional set of temporary veneers.
- After your veneers are finished and ready for placement, Dr. Novak will remove your temporary set and affix the permanent set to your teeth using a thin layer of bonding material.
The placement of your porcelain veneers is a convenient, comfortable way to restore your smile. You don’t need to worry about oral surgery or months of treatment. Instead, by utilizing advanced techniques and technology, Dr. Novak can complete the entire process in just a few dental appointments at South Natick Dental.
"I can't imagine going to anyone else. Dr. Novak and her staff are all professional, friendly and caring people." - Linus, Patient
Dental veneers are generally considered to be a pain-free procedure. If tooth preparation is necessary, Dr. Novak can use anesthetic in topical and/or injection form. If you experience dental anxiety, we would be happy to discuss our sedation dentistry options with you.
If you would like to come in for a personal consultation, please contact us right away to schedule an appointment. Dr. Novak can answer all of your questions about porcelain veneers, and other smile enhancement procedures offered at South Natick Dental.
No two smiles are the same, and neither are the cosmetic dental treatments offered at South Natick Dental. Your veneers will be customized just for you, and offer the ability to correct your smile in a variety of ways, such as:
- Correct minor misalignment
- Give a straight appearance to crooked teeth
- Alter the shape or size of teeth
- Conceal small gaps
- Provide dull teeth with a bright, natural-looking surface
Dr. Novak combines technology and artistry to create the beautiful, natural-looking smile you deserve. Once Dr. Novak assesses your tooth shade, the specifications are sent to the dental lab to ensure the shade matches very closely. The thin veneer material is then treated with a safe dying agent to reach the desired shade. The resulting veneers will look just like your natural teeth, and they will reflect light like natural teeth, too.
Your new porcelain veneers are durable, but they won’t last forever without proper care. Fortunately, caring for your veneers is as easy as caring for your natural teeth, and doesn’t require you to add any additional tasks or time-consuming steps to ensure your smile lasts for years to come.
To prevent decay from forming beneath your veneers, and to extend the longevity of your restoration, it is important to:
- Brush when you wake, after every meal and before you go to sleep at night.
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent damaging your veneers.
- Flossing should accompany your morning and nighttime brushing routine.
- Avoid mouthwashes that contain strong astringents like alcohol to help prevent damage to the bonding resin that holds your veneers in place.
- Attend regularly-scheduled check-ups at South Natick Dental.
Dental veneers are extremely durable. With appropriate care, your veneers should last ten years or more. They are made of very advanced dental ceramic material that can withstand a great deal of punishment. When bonded to the front of your teeth, they are even stronger. However, they are not invulnerable and you should treat them with the same care that you use in treating your own teeth. Never use your veneered teeth as a tool, such as a bottle opener, pair of pliers, or nutcracker.
The best solution for your situation can only be chosen after a thorough exam and review of your dental history. If your bite is off balance due to crooked teeth, it may be recommended that you reposition teeth using braces systems like Invisalign®. If your issue is mostly cosmetic, dental veneers are a more conservative, less expensive option that offers quick improvement.
If you’re embarrassed to smile self-conscious about the appearance of your smile, porcelain veneers may be the right solution for you. However, the only way to know for certain if veneers are the right option for you is to visit Dr. Novak for a free, one-on-one consultation. During your initial visit, Dr. Novak will thoroughly evaluate the current state of your oral condition and dental health.
As with every treatment and procedure offered at South Natick Dental, we strive to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your own care. Dr. Novak may identify a number of other ways to improve your smile; she will explain all of your treatment options and help you determine which solution is the best choice for your needs, budget and lifestyle.
Generally speaking, a good candidate for porcelain veneers:
- Is in good overall health
- Has healthy teeth
- Does not have any active infections
- Does not have a history of teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Does not have gum disease
If you suffer from gum disease or another oral health condition, you won’t necessarily be ruled out as a potential veneers candidate. However, Dr. Novak will need to treat your other issues and restore your oral health before veneers can be placed. If you grind your teeth, your veneers may be more susceptible to fractures. Depending on the frequency and severity of your tooth grinding, Dr. Novak may recommend a mouthguard to wear during your nightly slumber.
Porcelain veneers are an ideal treatment for patients looking to solve multiple aesthetic issues with their smile, and can also provide some restorative benefit to your overall oral health.
Dr. Novak prices all of her procedures very competitively, and we feel our fees are very reasonable for the high-quality skill and service our patients receive. Please schedule a consultation with Dr. Novak to discuss the cost of our various veneer options as well as our affordable payment plans.
If you’re ready to have the glamorous Hollywood smile you’ve always dreamed of, contact South Natick Dental today by completing the form on this page or calling 508-655-8020 to schedule a free initial consultation with Dr. Svetlana Novak. South Natick Dental welcomes patients from Natick, Wellesley, Dover, Sherborn and other Massachusetts communities.